Image Credit: Greg DuPree, Photographer; Katelyn Harwick, Food Stylist; Claire Spollen, Prop Stylist
Marinated Lamb Chops
This dish is all about the meat, with simple ingredients like fresh thyme, garlic and a little ground mustard. My favorite part? The little addition of a little red wine! You can make the marinade for Lamb Chops in minutes. You'll find this recipe in Valerie Bertinelli's new cookbook, "Valerie's Home Cooking" where she recommends using the highest quality chop you can find.
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 lamb rib chops trimmed, 3/4-inch-thick
- Whisk together the wine, oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Place the lamb chops in a shallow baking dish or ziplock bag; pour the marinade over the lamb chops. Cover, or seal, and chill 2 to 4 hours, turning the lamb chops once.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high (about 450°F). Remove the lamb chops from the marinade; discard the marinade. Sprinkle the lamb chops evenly with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the lamb chops on the oiled grates; grill, uncovered, until seared on each side or to the desired degree of doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish with chopped thyme and serve immediately.
Excerpted from Valerie’s Home Cooking by Valerie Bertinelli. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Meredith Corporation. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!