Max’s Wine Dive Fried Chicken
Extra! Extra! Read all about this award winning recipe from Max’s Wine Dive. Their famous fried chicken gets me fired up – the skin is especially tasty! This recipe is HUGE, and we’re glad to have it here for our viewers on Goodtaste!
- 1 Chicken cut into 8 pieces, 3-pound
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 8 cups Vegetable oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and buttermilk; refrigerate at least 24 hours and up to 2 days. In a food processor, combine the honey and chiles; blend until smooth. Set the chipotle honey aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil to 275 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Working in batches, remove the chicken from the marinade and dredge in the seasoned flour; repeat. Add the chicken to the hot oil and fry until cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes per batch. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Max's Wine Dive.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!