What a great side dish! HEB Cooking Connection shared this recipe. It’s so easy to make – and goes with just about anything. The bacon makes this dish so tasty. Enjoy!
Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and bacon and cook thoroughly, about 10 minutes, drain excess fat if necessary. Add all other ingredients and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Serves 6 to 8
- 10 slices bacon , finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion – chopped
- 3 -15 oz cans of beans (your choice or combo: pinto, kidney, black, aduki, cannellini)
- 12-15 oz diced tomatoes- canned, Rotel or use fresh Pico de Gallo
- ½ jar Cookwell and Company Garlic & Molasses or Bock & Brown Sugar Marinade
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Optional Garnish: Fresh Cilantro & Corn Chips