'Not Your Grandma's' Green Bean Casserole!
Make Grandpa proud with his version of this classic holiday side dish. This comes together with the "it" condiment of the moment...Better Than Good Bacon Jam! A favorite new ingredient of mine. Watch how it's made HERE.
- 2 tablespoons Ottavio Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans washed & trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & black pepper
- 1 jar “Better than Good” Bacon Jam
- 2 cups finely shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 can Pik- Nik potatoes
- Preheat oven to broil. In a large sauté pan heated to Medium High, add olive oil and green beans, then stir and cook until green beans are tender. Toss with salt & pepper and bacon jam, then put it in an ovenproof baking pan or casserole. Sprinkle Colby Jack cheese on top, and finish with the Pik-Nik potatoes. Put pan under broiler and broil for approximately 6 minutes, or until potatoes are a crispy golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!