Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F.
-Divide the rack of lamb into three, with 3 bones for each.
-Take 2 bones out of each set and leave the other bone intact.
-Mix the garlic and herbs with the olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
-Rub the herb mixture under the flap of the lamb.
-Roll the flap around to seal the herb mixture and tie with a string.
-Sear the lamb in a very hot sauté pan, and finish in the oven to desired temperature and let it rest.
-Meanwhile, slowly sweat the shallots and garlic in olive oil, sauté the mushrooms until done and add the fava beans.
-Season with salt and pepper and add the fines herbs at the end.
- 1 rack of lamb, frenched
- 1 tsp minced garlic, rosemary and thyme
- 1 tsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and rinsed
- 3 oz black trumpet mushrooms, cleaned and rinsed
- 3 oz fava beans, shucked, blanched and peeled
- 1 tsp fines herbs, chopped (chervil, chives, parsley, tarragon)
- 3 Tbsp garlic puree, see recipe
- 3 oz truffle sauce, see recipe