Image Credit: Food Stylist: Ana Kelly, Prop Stylist: Thom Driver
Pear & Pumpkin Tart
This Pear & Pumpkin Tart from the brand new INSTYLE Parties cookbook is easy to put together with a few puff pastry sheets and a little early prep with the pumpkin peeling. Crumbled blue cheese, pomegranate seeds, and a Bartlett pear will bring a little "Hocus Pocus" to your spread!
- 1 17.3 oz. package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Half of a 3 lbs. sugar pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1⁄4-inch- thick slices
- 1 firm Bartlett pear, cut into 1⁄4-inch- thick slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula leaves
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Unfold the puff pastry sheets, and place side by side on a baking sheet, overlapping the short sides 1⁄2 inch. Press the seam to seal. Score a 1⁄2-inch border on all sides, using a knife. Do not cut through the pastry.
- Toss together the pumpkin slices, next 3 ingredients, and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large bowl. Spread the mixture in a single layer on the prepared pastry sheets, leaving a 1⁄2-inch border. Bake at 425°F until golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Toss together the arugula, next 3 ingredients, and the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the mixture over the tart; cut and serve.
Excerpted from INSTYLE Parties by the Editors of INSTYLE. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!