The Pecan Grill's Short Rib
Mouthwatering, fall-off-the-bone beef short rib from Executive Chef Doug Noxon with the Pecan Grill, inside the Overton Hotel in Lubbock. Talk about a picture perfect plate!
- 6 ea. 3'' Beef Short Ribs
- 1 C A/P Flour
- 1 3/4 C orange juice
- 2 ea. Star anise
- 6 T brown sugar
- 3/4 C white wine
- 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 2 T beef base
- 2 ea. garlic cloves smashed
- 1/2 T Parsley Dry
- 1/2 T Thyme Dry
- 1 T Cumin Gr
- 2 T tomato paste
- pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 T Oil
- Mix Flour with Pinch of Cumin and Pinch of Kosher Salt, then dredge ribs in flour.
- Heat up a Roasting Pan with oil and saute the ribs till brown on all sides. Remove Ribs from pan.
- Stir in the Anise and the Garlic then deglaze pan with white wine.
- Mix brown sugar with orange juice then add to pan. Add all other ingredients and heat well stirring.
- Add the ribs back into the pan and cover with foil. Place in a 325 oven for 2 1/2 Hours or the ribs are falling of the bone tender.
- Remove ribs from the pan to cool and drain off the grease from BBQ Drippings. Save the BBQ Drippings to make the BBQ Sauce to order.
- When finishing the BBQ Sauce heat dripping in a sauce pan with small amount of Vegetable Stock and White Wine until right consistency for Sauce and pour over hot ribs to serve.
Recipe and Image courtesy of the Pecan Grill, inside the Overton Hotel in Lubbock, Texas.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!