Ralph's on the Park Crabmeat Ravigote Napoleon
An elegant little dish from Ralph’s on the Park in New Orleans brings together fresh crab, salsa verde, and ravigote sauce! It’s delightfully simple, especially if you have a ring mold to stack it like you see in the photo
- 2 ounces Israeli couscous cooked
- 1/4 ear of corn roasted and shaved
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde
- 2 ounces Jumbo lump Crabmeat picked over for shells
- 1 ounce ravigote sauce
- 1 tablespoon creole tomato diced small
- 1 tablespoon Cucumber diced small
- 1 teaspoon basic salad dressing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- chives chopped and 4 long
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2 ounces fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 6 each anchovy fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 1 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 whole hardboiled egg finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Hot sauce
- pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry Mustard mixed with the juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup capers drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced very small (brunoise)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper diced very small (brunoise)
- Israeli couscous should be cooked in salted water, and will double in volume when cooked. Mix together the couscous, corn kernels, and 1/2 of the salsa verde. In a separate bowl mix the crab meat and ravigote with salt and pepper, careful not to break up the lumps of crab. In a third bowl mix cucumbers, tomatoes, dressing, chives, salt and pepper. Use a ring mold on a small plate and spoon in the couscous mix. Then with a clean spoon, put in a layer of crab then top with the cucumber and tomato mixture. Garnish with salsa verde and chives.
- Wash all herbs and cut off thick parts of stems. Add all ingredients, except for the oil to the blender. Puree on low speed. You may have to stop the blender and mix by hand. Restart the blender and drizzle in the oil. Do not run the blender for long, or the friction of the blade will cook the herbs.
- Combine all ingredients together. Allow the ravigote to set for at least 1 hour before adjusting seasoning.
This recipe is from Ralph's on the Park in New Orleans.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!