Red, White and Blueberry Ice Cream Pie
A gluten-free red, white and blueberry pie complete with a granola crust! Perfect for Fourth of July! Recipe and photo by Yummy Mummy Kitchen.
- 2 cups natural granola make sure it's gluten free if you are on a gluten free diet
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt softened to spreadable consistency
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries about 1 1/4 cups
- 6 oz. fresh blueberries about 1 1/4 cups
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse crust ingredients until combined and granola is ground to crumbs. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and press crust into bottom of dish and up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, stir together raspberries, 1 tablespoon agave syrup, 1 tablespoon water, juice of 1/2 the lemon, and 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch.
- In another small saucepan over medium heat, stir together blueberries, 1 tablespoon agave syrup, 1 tablespoon water, juice of the other 1/2 of the lemon, and the other 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch. Simmer both saucepans of berries until berries have broken down and sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally with a whisk, about 10 minutes. Cool and pour each sauce separately through a fine mesh sieve into small separate bowls. Let sauces cool completely.
- Pour sauces into resealable sandwich bags. Snip a tiny amount off one of the corners of the bags. Alternating bags, pipe circles about 2-inches apart over the pie starting in the center and working outward. Drag a toothpick from the center of pie outward to the crust so that the berry sauces are pulled upward. Drag toothpick back in the other direction (from crust to center) about 2-inches away from the first line. Continue around the pie. Freeze uncovered at least 3 hours. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve. Serve with additional berries and any remaining sauces.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!