Satellite's Crab Salad–Stuffed Avocados
Calling all crab lovers! This recipe from Satellite in Austin takes just 10 ingredients, but it's especially delicious when you make Satellite's Garlic-Chile Ranch Dressing (just 5 simple ingredients) as well. You'll love it with fresh mango and crumbled feta cheese.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon blackened seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound lump crab meat (picked through for shells)
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons Poblano pepper finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons red onion finely diced
Garlic-Chile Ranch (Optional)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup sambal chili paste
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Salad Plate Up
- 4 avocados ripe
- 1 cup mango finely diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 8 cups organic spring lettuce mix
- 2 lemons cut in half & grilled cut side down
- Mix mayo, sour cream, mustard, and seasonings together with a whisk until incorporated fully.
- Mix peppers and onion into mix.
- Fold in crab meat.
Garlic-Chile Ranch Dressing
- Mix all ingredients together with a whisk until incorporated fully.
- Place 2 cups of spring mix on center of each plate and sprinkle mango, grape tomatoes, and feta cheese evenly over each plate of greens.
- Cut avocados in half and carefully remove the seed.
- Scoop out avocado flesh by running a spoon all the way around the skin until it pops out in one whole piece.
- Thinly slice avocados, making sure to keep them together.
- Place 2 halves of sliced avocado atop the salad with the side that had the pit in it face-up.
- Place ¼ cup of crab mix into each whole of the avocado.
- Serve with a half of grilled lemon and dressing on the side. Or drizzle the dressing over the top of each salad, if you wish.
- Dig in and ENJOY!!
This recipe is provided courtesy of Satellite in Austin.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!