Shrimp Diablo Flatbread
Zounds! A zesty flatbread with juicy Gulf shrimp, fire roasted tomatoes and a spicy 'Diablo' sauce. Perfect for sharing from my friends at Sysco Foods!
- 1 ea Flatbread 1618899
- 4 oz Shrimp pcs. 7542142
- 2 ea shallot minced; 1473206
- 3 ea garlic minced; 1821537
- 14 oz Fire roasted tomatoes 8666828
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste 4030219
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flake 9806423
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese shaved; 9714023
- 6 oz basil 1679919
- 1 ea jalapeno sliced; 1048230
- 1/4 cup olive oil 3140359
- Micro Basil garnish; 9152471
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, fresh torn basil, one minced shallot and slice jalapeño, then add the sliced shrimp pieces. Marinate the shrimp for two hours. While the shrimp are marinating, start making the sauce.
- In a sauce pot, sauté the other minced shallot and garlic, then add the red paper flake. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and tomato past. Let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes, then remove from heat season with salt and pepper if needed.
- When the shrimp are marinated, remove and cook in a sauté pan. Do not cook all the way. Remove the shrimp and assemble the flat bread crust, sauce, shrimp, and cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 3 minutes remove the flat bread and garnish with the micro basil cut and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sysco Central Texas.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!