Corn Crème Brûlée
- 5 ears sweet corn or 4 cups thawed frozen corn
- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar
- Preheat broiler to high and position a rack 6-inches below the heat. Butter 8 small ramekins or one 9-by-13 inch baking dish and set on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut the kernels from the cobs. Discard cobs. In a medium saucepan, melt ¼ cup butter. Add the corn and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- In the saucepan, melt the remaining ¼ cup of butter. Add the flour and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the flour and butter smell toasty and begin to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and stir until the mixture begins to bubble. Whisk in the granulated sugar and continue to cook for 1 more minute. Add the cooked corn and cook 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins or spread in the baking dish. Sprinkle the tops with the turbinado sugar. Set under the broiler and cook until the top is browned and caramelized, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Check all this out and more on our Episode 1 premier of Season 4 Goodtaste with Tanji
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!