Take all that you love about hamburgers and apply it to a hot dog! Chef Rico Gomez does just that with his Swiss Mushroom Hot Dog. The layers of Swiss cheese, and mushrooms over a plump hot dog are the perfect summer lunch.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms and red cooking wine in pan. In separate pan, add 1 tbsp. butter and grill frank for 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Spread remaining butter on bun and grill for 2-3 minutes. Add frank and sautéed mushrooms to grilled bun.
- Top with Swiss cheese and serve.
- Recipe Courtesy: Chef Rico Gomez/ Image Courtesy: Collette Orquiz
- 2 XX White mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. XX red cooking wine
- 2 Tbsp. XX butter
- 1 XX All beef frank
- 2 XX Slices Swiss cheese
- 1 XX hot dog bun with poppy seeds
Rico's Swiss Mushroom Dog
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!