The Multipurpose Shaved-Vegetable Salad
You can get away with making this foolproof salad recipe with a sharp knife, but a mandoline is the ideal tool.
- 12 cups shaved crunchy raw vegetables (such as cauliflower, fennel, turnips, daikon, red and/or black radishes, golden and/or Chioggia beets)
- 1 cup mint leaves torn if large
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Add mint and finely grate lemon zest over. Cut lemons in half; squeeze juice into bowl. Drizzle in oil and vinegar; season salad with lots of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Do Ahead: Vegetables can be shaved 6 hours ahead. Submerge in a bowl of ice water and chill. Drain and pat dry before using. Courtesy of Andy Baraghani (Bon Appetit).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!