The Sauce Beer & Beans
Tender BBQ baked beans with ALL the trimmings! Made with fried bacon bits, sliced sausage and a bottle of your favorite dark beer. Shiner Bock is a shoe-in for us!
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- ¼ cup bacon drippings
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound dried pinto beans sorted and rinsed
- 1 12 oz dark beer (such as Shiner Bock)
- 1 10 oz can Diced Tomatoes with chiles
- ½ cup The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce Fischer & Wieser
- Chicken Broth to cover beans
- 8 oz sausage links sliced
- ½ cup cilantro
- Fry bacon in soup pot over medium heat and save drippings. Sauté onions and garlic in drippings until onions are wilted and transparent, about 15 minutes.
- Add beans, bacon, and remaining ingredients except sliced sausage and cilantro. Stir to blend well. Bring beans to full boil, lower heat, and simmer 2 hours, or until beans are tender. Skim off fat.
- Sauté sausage in separate skillet until cooked thoroughly. Drain off fat. Stir into beans.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Fischer + Wieser.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!