Recipe and Image courtesy of Nick’s Fish Dive & Oyster Bar
The Thanksgiving Flip (Coffee)
You'll really 'flip' for this spiked seasonal coffee from bartender Chris Deas of Nick's Fish Dive! If you're feeling extra festive, substitute his homemade pumpkin spice puree for the Baileys it calls for. 😉
- 1 oz Vanilla flavored Bourbon (Regular bourbon or spiced rum works very well)
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 Espresso Shot (Optional)
- 3 oz Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- 1 oz heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 oz Pumpkin spice Baileys or Pumpkin spice puree (Substitute)
Pumpkin Spice Puree:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin spice
- Combine all ingredients except the heavy whipping cream directly into a coffee mug, give it a good stir. Then, combine heavy whipping cream and the Baileys or pumpkin spice puree to the heavy whipping cream. Dry shake and slowly drizzle strain on the coffee layering the whipping cream on top of the coffee...
For the Pumpkin Spice Puree:
- Heat the water and just as it starts to boil, lower heat, add sugar and stir until sugar completely dissolves. Mix ¾ cup of puree, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice and slowly add it to the simmering simple syrup. Mix the pumpkin in the simple syrup until it turns into a puree (you don’t want it to be the consistency of a paste, but also not too thin).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!