Recipe and image courtesy of Tempie Hughes, The Texas Peach
Zucchini Tomato Baked Frittata
This deliciously good zucchini tomato baked frittata is gluten-free and makes for a beautiful presentation that you can feel proud to serve your overnight guests or family. Dig in!
- 1 tbsp ghee or fat of choice
- 1 bunch scallions thinly sliced (about a cup)
- 1 container (10 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini sliced paper thin
- 8 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried dill (if using fresh, 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp sea salt plus pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add scallions and tomatoes, and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini, season with a little salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 minute more.
- Add the eggs, cheese, dill, salt and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Use a spoon to help you distribute the tomatoes evenly. Allow to cook, undisturbed, until edges are set, about 2 minutes. Place the skillet into your preheated oven and bake until the top of the frittata is set, about 10-13 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing. May be served warm or at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!