Brennan's of Houston Texas Redfish & Citrus Salad
Check out this uber fresh redfish salad from Executive Chef Danny Trace at Brennan's of Houston. Plated with Creole Spiced Pecans in a tangy Citrus Vinaigrette.
- 4 6-8 oz fillets of Redfish Red Snapper or your favorite
- 1 ea Satsuma Navel Orange and Ruby Red Grapefruit (segmented)
- 4 cups favorite salad greens
- 1 cup pecans see recipe
- 1 avocado diced
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Citrus Vinaigrette to taste see recipe
The "Creole Spiced Pecans":
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
The "Citrus Vinaigrette":
- Yields 1-1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup citrus juice fresh squeezed
- 1 bunch chopped fresh basil
- cup ¼ sugarcane vinegar or favorite
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 shallot small dice
- 1/2 jalapeño small dice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the "Redfish":
Season both sides to taste with Kosher salt and Cracked Black Pepper.
Drizzle on both sides with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
In a Cast Iron pan on medium high heat, sauté Red fish for 2 minutes on each side until completely cooked through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
For the "Creole Spiced Pecans":
For the "Citrus Vinaigrette":
In a large mixing bowl add greens, citrus segments, avocado and pecans. Add Vinaigrette salt, and pepper to taste. Crown with Redfish.