Arugula & Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
From Chuck Hernandez - owner of Arugula, Spice & Wine Catering Company (arugulacatering.com). This recipe is pictured served with Italian chicken rolls and sundried tomatoes. Yield is about 6 oz.
- Into a Food Processor:
- 2 c arugula leaves: rinsed drained and stemmed
- 1/2 c pistachios nuts (if salted omit later salting)
- 3 oz asiago cheese grated
- 1 oz fire roasted sweet pepper red or yellow
- 1/4 tsp crushed italian red pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c EVOO
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
Pulse gently until all is incorporated, scrapping down sides periodically. Serve on toasts, crackers, sandwich condiment or fresh apples or pears.