“Don’t break out your grill for this dish. Here in New Orleans, barbecued shrimp means sautéed shrimp in Worcestershire-spiked butter sauce.” Mr. B’s serves the shrimp with heads and tails on — and always with a bib!
In a large skillet combine shrimp, Worcestershire, lemon juice, black peppers, Creole seasoning, and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute on each side. Reduce heat to moderate and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted. Remove skillet from heat. Place shrimp in a bowl and pour sauce over top. Serve with French bread for dipping.
- 16 jumbo shrimp (12 per pound, about 1 1/2 pounds), with heads and unpeeled
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cold unsalted butter cubed, 3 sticks
- French bread as accompaniment