34th Street Café’s Lump Crab Cakes with Avocado Dressing
Luscious lump crab cakes with a homemade avocado dressing from 34th Street Café. Kids (12 & under) eat FREE here all summer long...
- 3 large Avocados
- cup ¼ Water
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1 lb Lump Crab Meat
- cup ½ Diced Yellow Onion
- cup ½Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Finely Minced Mixed Fresh Herbs - Parsley Basil, Chives, Oregano
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp aioli emulsion of olive oil & egg yolk with lemon & garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
For the Avocado Dressing:
- Peel and dice avocado. Add to blender with water and puree. Emulsify by slowing pouring in oil. Set aside.
For the Crab Cakes:
- Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl. Form sixteen 1.75 oz cakes from mixture. Heat 3 tbl cooking oil in saute pan on medium-high heat. Saute cakes until golden brown on bottom, carefully flip, and saute until other side golden brown as well. Keep cakes from touching one another while searing. Add more oil to pan before sautéing more cakes if needed. Set aside briefly on paper towel before serving.
- To plate, spoon avocado dressing on plate along with two crab cakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!