Arcodoro's Pollo E Saba
Strips of grilled chicken marinated with a Sardinian Saba glaze from my friends at Arcodoro Ristorante Italiano off Westheimer in Houston. Rustic cuisine from the timeless island of Sardinia.
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup saba
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- juice 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken strips into a large mixing bowl. Add leaves of rosemary and thyme.
- In a separate bowl, mix extra virgin olive oil, saba, garlic, Spanish paprika and lemon juice. Pour mixture over the chicken and stir well to evenly coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight (at least 8 hours).
- Drain the marinade from the chicken and discard. Place chicken strips onto skewers. Cook over a grill set on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, turning the skewers once during cooking. Before serving sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!