Artisans Foie Gras with Poached Pears and Baklava
As our friend Chef Jacques Fox at Artisans Restaurant says, "Foie gras is like butter on steroids!" We couldn't agree more -- this one of the most luxurious dishes we've ever tasted. It's made with a velvety rich raspberry demi-glace and poached pears.
- 2 ounce each 1.5 pieces of Foie Gras
- 2 Slices of high quality Brioche bread
- 1 quart raspberry vinegar
- 1 quart Crème de Cassis Liquor
- 1 quart Demi-glace
- 5 ounces white wine
- 1.5 ounces water
- 1 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 each Bosc pear
- 1/4 each stick of cinnamon
- 1 piece smallof star Anise
- 1 each Clove
- 1/4 cups blended oil
- 1/4 cups butter melted
- ½ cups dried black currants
- 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 6 each dried apricots
- 3 tablespoon apricot glaze
- 1 box Phyllo Dough
- Reduce Raspberry Vinegar to about 4 ounces in one pan.
- In separate pan reduce Crème de Cassis to about 6 ounces.
- Combine the Raspberry Vinegar in the Crème de Cassis, then add demi-glace.
- Simmer lightly for 15 mins.
- Put all of the ingredients in a pot and simmer slowly until tender.
- Sear two 1.5 ounce pieces of Foie Gras.
- Toast half of a slice of Brioche.
- Place brioche on plate, top with pears, place foie gras on top of pears, then drizzle with sauce.
- Mix melted butter and blended oil in a bowl.
- Small dice apricots, then mix with raisins, currants, and apricot glaze.
- Lay out one sheet of phyllo Dough and cut into three even portions. Brush with oil/butter mix then add another layer of phyllo dough. Repeat until there are five layers.
- Line the bottom of the phyllo dough with a thin line of dried fruit mix. Roll up tightly.
- Brush with butter/oil mix and bake at 350F for approximately 15 mins or until golden brown and flaky.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Artisans Restaurant in Houston.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!