Becker Vineyards Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
Cheers to Becker Vineyards, the beautiful Hill Country winery that has won international awards for its wine. Plan for a chef prepared lunch in the beautiful garden and a special tasting in the dramatic underground cellar. See what makes these wines stand out and why a visit here is unlike any other.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup of caramel chips optional
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4-6 tablespoons whipping cream
Peanut Butter Icing
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened, 2 sticks
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9x13 inch pans.
- Use a large mixing bowl and mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another large mixing bowl, put together the bananas, egg, melted butter and milk.
- Blend the banana mixture into flour mixture until blended but do not over blend.
- Stir in chocolate chips and caramel chips.
- Split batter equally into both 9x13 inch pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes, or comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Remove cakes from pan and let both cakes cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- After cakes have cooled, use an offset spatula to layer peanut butter icing (recipe below) on to the bottom layer of the cake.
- Clean offset spatula and use it to help guide the other cake layer on top of the bottom layer of cake.
- Once cake is set, use offset spatula to layer chocolate icing (recipe below) on to the top and side layers of the cake.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Sift together the cocoa powder with 3 cups of powdered sugar and the salt, then carefully beat it into the butter.
- Slowly add the whipping cream and combine until light and fluffy.
Peanut Butter Icing
- Beat ingredients with electric mixer, in a bowl until light and fluffy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!