Blueberry Lavender Ice-Pops
These lovely floral ice pops are exactly what I will be making to savor the end of summer. Late summer blueberries are plump and sweet and go so nicely with the delicate flavor of the honey. In a pinch (or if you’re craving a bit of summer this winter), you can substitute frozen berries.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp food safe dried lavender buds crushed with a mortar and pestle
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- kosher salt
- 1 cup mild local honey
- 2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, lavender, lemon zest, a pinch of salt and ½ cup of the honey. Simmer gently over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the blueberries break down, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt with the remaining ½ cup of honey.
- Gently fold the blueberry mixture into the yogurt so that there are still large streaks of yogurt. Spoon the mixture into ten 3-ounce popsicle molds and freeze until solid, about 4 hours. Unmold and serve!
Photo from SprinkleBakes.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!