Recipe and image courtesy of Brennan’s of Houston
Brennan's of Houston New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp
With goat cheese stone ground grits, marinated sweet peppers, mirlitons, toasted garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
- 1 lb large shrimp with head and tail on
- 2 tbs garlic minced
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary chopped
- 3 tbs French's Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs Crystal hot sauce
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1 ea large lemon juiced
- 1/4 c St. Arnold's beer
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tbs grapeseed oil
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, lightly toss the shrimp with salt, pepper, Creole seasoning, garlic, rosemary and grapeseed oil. Add the shrimp (flat) in a large pre-heated sauté pan on medium heat and sear one side; careful not to burn garlic. When seared, turn shrimp over and sear the second side.
- Remove shrimp and deglaze pan with hot sauce, Worcestershire, lemon juice and beer. Reduce liquid by half. Add cream and reduce until thickened. Place shrimp back into pan, reduce heat to low. Cook shrimp through. Mount in butter 2 tbs at a time until sauce consistency is achieved. Remove from heat, adjust seasoning and serve over French bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!