Cafe at the Garden's Chicken Salad Chile Relleno
Mom's chicken salad recipe gets kicked up a notch in Cafe at the Garden's Chicken Salad Chicken Relleno! It's all nestled inside an Anaheim pepper and covered in cheese! It's a recipe this Midland hideaway has kept secret for years--until now!
- 1 roasted, peeled and seeded Anaheim pepper
- 1 6-8 oz Chicken breast
- 1 tsp. diced celery
- 1 tsp. diced pecans
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Mayo
- 2-3 tbsp. Cheddar Jack cheese
- 1 slice American cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast or Boil (in vegetable oil) the Anaheim pepper just until the skin starts to blister. Peel, split and seed the pepper. Set aside.
- Season and grill 6-8 oz chicken breast to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Let chicken cool before dicing.
- Dice chicken breast, then mix with diced celery, pecans, and heavy mayo.
- Stuff the chicken salad mix into the Anaheim pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese and American cheese at the very top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Add Cafe's signature sides like a fresh fruit medley or tortilla chips with salsa, for a spa dish finish!
Recipe courtesy of Cafe at the Garden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!