Café J's Canyon Chicken
A local throwback favorite at an artsy and fun hotspot, Cafe J -- The Canyon Chicken.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp Pureed Chipotle
- 2/3 tsp Cumin
- 2/3 tsp paprika
- 3 T sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 c Black Bean Salsa
- 1/2 x frozen or fresh corn
- 1 Poblano pepper Seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 c Chicken Stock
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c sunflower seed flour
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 pg fettucini pasta
- 1/4 c toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 T canola oil
- Combine the cream, puree chipotle pepper, cumin, paprika, sun-dried tomatoes, black bean salsa, corn, poblano pepper and chicken broth in a 2 quart saucepan. Cook the mixture over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 - 15 minutes. Set sauce aside and keep warm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with non stick spray. Coat the chicken breasts in the flour and sunflower seed flour mixture and shake off excess flour. Add 2 Tablespoons Canola oil in a medium size skillet and sauté the chicken breasts over medium heat until golden brown on each side. Place the breasts in the prepared baking dish and bake for 12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Finsh chicken in oven at 350 degrees until internal tempature reaches 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to package directions and drain. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Plating: In a large serving dish layer the pasta, sauce, chicken, sauce, and top with pumpkin seeds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!