Smoked n’ fried chicken drumsticks rolled in a Grand Marnier horseradish molasses from Street's Fine Chicken in Dallas!
- 10 lbs. brined drumsticks
- 1 cup steak seasoning
Grand Marnier Horseradish Molasses:
- 4 cups molasses
- ½ cup Grand Marnier (Gran Gala to reduce cost)
- ¼ cup Dijon
- 1 Orange zested and juiced
- ¼ cup horseradish
- 2 tbsp coarse cracked pepper
- Salt to taste
- Load smoker and preheat to 225 degrees F.
- Season the drumsticks with steak seasoning and place in smoker.
- Set the thermometer temperature to 165 and place deep into the leg close to the bone.
- When cooked to temperature remove and place on bottom rack of bread rack and cool 20 minutes before placing in refrigerator.
For the Marnier Horseradish Molasses:
- Mix all ingredients together. Makes 40 oz.
- Fry four drumsticks in fryer at 350 for 2 – 2.5 minutes until golden.
- Dip one at a time in molasses and arrange on a 8 oz. square plate.
- Drizzle approximately half ounce extra molasses and garnish with micro green.
Recipe and Image courtesy of Street's Fine Chicken.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!