Chicken N Pickle’s Pickled Chicken Sandwich
If there is any leftover pickle juice in your refrigerator, don’t waste it! Chicken N Pickle in San Antonio marinates chicken breast in pickle juice overnight to brine and tenderize the chicken, while keeping it moist and creating a depth of flavor. The pickle juice also gets added to the avocado mash to create a touch of salt and acidity.
- 4 6 ounce chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups pickle juice
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped pickles
- 1 teaspoon Diced Red Onion
- 1/4 cup julienne napa cabbage
- 2 medium avocados
- 8 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 slices jack cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 Brioche Buns split and toasted
- Pound chicken breast ¼ inch think. Marinate in 2 cups of pickle juice overnight.
- To make slaw: mix mayonnaise with chopped pickles, add diced red onion, and julienne napa cabbage. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mash 2 avocados with a fork. Add 8 tbsp pickle juice, 8 tbsp chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to the mashed avocado.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes on both sides until the chicken is at an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Place cheese on chicken a minute before it’s done and close the lid to let the cheese melt.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the avocado mash onto the bottom half of a toasted brioche bun. Place the chicken on top of the smashed avocado, bacon on top of the cheese, and top with 1 cup pickled slaw. Close your sandwich and serve right away.
- Make Ahead: The chicken breast can be marinated overnight.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!