Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies
Have you ever noticed that a really good cookie is usually easy to make? One of my Goodtaste viewer sent this recipe in. Lou says her mom has been making this basic chocolate chip recipe for years, but she added a twist. The espresso really brings out the flavor of the chocolate. The Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Paste is available at Central Market. Thanks for the recipe Lou!
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder
- 12 ounce package Ghirardelli Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Optional: chopped Texas pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir brown sugar, egg, sugar, vanilla and shortening in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and espresso powder and stir.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop a rounded tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes for cookies that are chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!