Creamy Tater Tot Casserole
One of the most popular sides at the award winning It’s All Good BBQ in Spicewood, TX is the Tater Tot Casserole. We had to duplicate the goodness...enjoy!
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup Sweet Onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1/2 package Tater Tots
- 1 (10.5 oz) can Cream of Mushroom Soup (Chicken or Celery Soup also work)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parsley chopped - optional
- Heat oven to 350*. Spray a 2-3 quart Casserole dish and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the oil and chopped onions and stir-fry until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Spread the onion garlic mixture on the bottom of the baking dish and top with the tater tots.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, milk and cheese. Pour the soup mixture over the tater tot layer. Bake the Casserole on the center oven rack for 30-40 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden. Top the Casserole with chopped parsley if desired.
- You can add 2 cups cooked & chopped rotisserie chicken or seasoned cooked ground beef over the onion layer. Add 10 minutes to baking time.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!