Crispy Umami Chicken Wings
Find this potent plate on the dinner menu at The Peached Tortilla in Austin. Marinated in a fish sauce vinaigrette, topped with herbs and shallots. Gluten free!
- 1 cup Fish sauce
- ¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chili garlic
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 1.5 cups Fish sauce
- 9 cloves garlic
- 1 knob ginger
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 cups honey
- 1.2 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
Crispy Chicken Wings:
- 2 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1 oz Cilantro, Mint, Thai Basil
For the Marinated Wings:
- Blend fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, water, lime juice, chili garlic and cloves in blender. Marinate wings overnight.
For the Wing Sauce:
- Place ingredients in blender and blend. Store in cambro refrigerated.
For the Crispy Chicken Wings:
- Lightly Toss Marinated Chicken Wings in Rice Flour.
- Set deep frier to 350 and deep fry for 3:30-4:00 minutes.
- Place chicken wings on drying rack to let excess oil runoff. Toss chicken wings in wing sauce.
Store in the refrigerator up to one month. Recipe and Image courtesy of The Peached Tortilla.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!