Deli News’s Reuben Sandwich
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ yellow onion minced
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Sweet paprika
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- 8 slices Rye bread
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 pounds sliced corn beef (½ pound per sandwich)
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
Make the Russian Dressing
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until incorporated. Season with salt.
Make the Sandwiches
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly brush the butter on each slice of bread and arrange on a sheet pan. Lay a slice of Swiss cheese on each piece of bread and toast in the oven for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, warm the sauerkraut.
- Assemble the sandwiches by adding ½ pound of corn beef and ¼ cup of sauerkraut on each. Close the sandwiches and secure each with a toothpick. Serve with Russian dressing on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of Deli News.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!