Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge’s Honey Citrus Glaze Salmon
Berbere spice is integral Ethiopian cuisine and adds a hot, tangy and smoky flavor to all kinds of dishes! If this isn’t something you typically have in your house, it’s easily made with a blend of tons of dried spices found in most households, like cayenne, paprika, cinnamon and garlic powder. Eighteen Ninety shows us the perfect way to use this spice with their delicious honey citrus glaze salmon!
- Juice of 8 medium oranges
- Juice of 4 LEMONS
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- ½ cup honey
- Four 8-ounce skin-on salmon filets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Ethiopian Berbere Spice Blend
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, ginger and garlic. Simmer over moderate heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool, then stir in the honey.
- Rub the salmon filet with olive oil and Berbere spice blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat, sear the salmon on one side for 4 minutes, flip the salmon over and continue to sear for another 5 minutes.
- Let the salmon rest and brush with the honey citrus glaze. Serve with creamy grits and sautéed greens, or your choice of sides!
This recipe is courtesy of Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!