El Toro Mexican Restaurant’s Cabo Salad
In this recipe from El Toro in Houston we call for chicken, but you can also use shrimp, beef fajita meat or a combination of your choice.
- 8 ounces mixed greens
- ¼ avocado - pitted peeled and sliced
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- ¼ cup Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- ½ cup sliced grilled chicken
- 1 hard boiled egg peeled and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Margarita Vinaigrette for serving
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons Herb De Provence
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ lime juiced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place your salad mix in a big serving bowl.
- Top with fanned out avocado, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, chicken, hard-boiled egg and olives.
- Garnish with poppy seeds and green onion. Serve with a side of the margarita vinaigrette and enjoy!
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except for the oil. Season with salt and pepper. With the blender running, slowly stream in the oil until thick and emulsified. Season to taste.
The recipe and photo are courtesy of El Toro Mexican Restaurant in Houston.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!