Fadi's Fried Eggplant with Pomegranate Molasses
This delicious recipe pairs great with fresh pita from Fadi's!
- 1 in eggplant sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 ounces pomegranate molasses You can find this in the International Foods aisle at many grocery stores
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 green pepper chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Spread eggplant halves on paper towel and sprinkle generously with salt. Let eggplant dry for more than 30 minutes.
- In a deep, heavy skillet heat 1/2-inch of vegetable oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry eggplant, in batches if necessary, until golden brown (about 1 minute per side). Let cool slightly.
- Blend remaining ingredients together and pour on fried eggplant halves.
This recipe is provided courtesy of Fadi's.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!