Frank's Americana Revival’s Lazy Lane Hot Toddy
- 2 teaspoons Texas wildflower honey
- 2 ounces Sazerac Distillery Sazerac Rye
- 5 ounces Austin Eastciders Original “Apple” Cider hot
- lemon wheel to garnish
- cinnamon stick to garnish
- 2 to 3 whole cloves to garnish
- Heat the apple cider and warm up an Irish coffee glass or coffee mug.
- Coat the bottom of the glass and sides with honey and add the Rye whiskey.
- Fill with hot apple cider. Stir well.
- Garnish with the lemon wedge, cinnamon stick, and cloves. Serve and enjoy!
Apple Cider may be substituted for the Eastside Original to lessen the alcohol. Either cider can be gently warmed in a saucepan on the stovetop or in the microwave. You want it nice and steamy, but not too hot so it burns your tongue or ruins the liquor's flavor. Warming up the glass or mug ensures your toddy stays warm longer. To do so, simply fill it hot water while you heat up the cider or put a water-filled glass in the microwave for 5 or 10 seconds. Dump out the water before mixing the drink. This recipe and photo are courtesy of Frank's Americana Revival in Houston.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!