Ginger Miso Wedge Salad
That stunning Ginger Miso Wedge Salad from Ambrosia in Houston looks complicated, but truthfully isn't too difficult to prepare!
For the dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup canola-olive oil blend
For the salad
- 1 head Romaine lettuce halved through the core
- 5 wonton wrappers
- 2 red radishes thinly sliced into rounds
To make the dressing
- To a blender, add first seven ingredients and ½ cup parmesan. Blend on medium-high speed for about 30 seconds to incorporate until smooth.
- While continuing to run blender, slowly drizzle in oil until the dressing reaches a creamy consistency, enough to coat the back of a spoon. Keep leftover dressing refrigerated.
To make wonton strips
- Cut the wonton skins into ¼-inch strips.
- Deep fry at 350F until golden brown and drain on a paper towel. (For lighter alternative, bake on a parchment-lined sheet tray at 350F for 7-10 mins until golden brown.)
To assemble salad
- Arrange each romaine lettuce half cut side up on a plate.
- Slice the radishes into matchsticks or thin rounds.
- Drizzle the dressing generously over the top of the romaine.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese, radish, and wonton strips over each salad.
This recipe is provided courtesy Chef Micah Rideout at Ambrosia in Houston.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!