Recipe and image courtesy of Bakery Lorraine
The cutest Gingerbread Cookies from my friends at Bakery Lorraine in San Antonio! Enjoy!
- 5 oz unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 ea eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp ginger powdered
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powdered
- 1 tsp cloves powdered
- 1 tsp nutmeg powdered
- 1 tsp Black Pepper ground
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Baker's chocolate
- Decorator's Icing in different colors
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter. Sift the powdered sugar and incorporate to the butter. Beat until the mixture is light ad fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla and molasses and beat until incorporated.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, powdered spices, and baking soda.
- Incorporate almond flour and salt into the butter mixture. Mix on low speed until incorporated. Then, add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together. It should be a smooth consistency.
- Roll out in between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Chill. When dough is cold, cut into desired shapes and bake at 325F for approximately 12 mins. (This is for the standard gingerbread man that is about 5" long. If baking smaller shapes, reduce the bake time).
- When the cookies have cooled, melt your baker's chocolate and dip the cookies using a fork to hold them up, tapping fork on the side of the bowl to shake off the excess chocolate. Set the glazed cookie on a sheet of parchment. When the chocolate has set, finish with decorator's icing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!