Goya Foods Bean Chili Plantain Chip "Nachos"
- 2 Tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion nely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic
- 2 in chipotle peppers from 1 can GOYA® Chipotle PeppersAdobo Sauce finely chopped, 7 oz.
- 2 cans GOYA® Pinto Beans rinsed, 15.5 oz.
- 1 can GOYA® Tomato Sauce 8 oz.
- 2 bags GOYA® Plantain Chips - Original 5 oz.
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cup GOYA® Jalapeño Nacho Slices
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted and diced
- ½ cup seeded and diced tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ⅓ cup shaved radish
- GOYA® Salsa Taquera for dipping
- GOYA® Salsa Verde for dipping
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add chili powder, garlic, chipotle and pinto beans; cook for about 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in tomato sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Scatter half of the plantain chips onto baking sheet. Spoon half of the chili over top. Sprinkle half of the cheese and jalapeños over top; repeat layers.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Scatter avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and radish over top. Serve with Taquera and Salsa Verde for dipping.
Replace plantain chips with tortilla chips for a more traditional sharing platter. This recipe and photo are courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!