Goya Foods Jambalaya
With the help of GOYA’s Yellow Rice, Jambalaya--the classic Louisiana Creole dish--becomes a weeknight possibility. Here the pre-seasoned rice is cooked with sausage, ham, shrimp, peppers, onions, and celery to create a vibrant one-skillet dinner.
- 1 Tablespoon GOYA EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 6 ounce andouille sausage cut into ¼-inch slices
- 6 ounce Ham Steak cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ medium green bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks CELERY thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon GOYA® Minced Garlic or 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 ounce medium shrimp peeled and deveined, 12 pieces
- 2 Tablespoon GOYA® Tomato Sauce
- 1 box GOYA® Yellow Rice
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over moderately-high heat until shimmering. Add the sausage and ham and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Transfer the sausage and ham to a plate. In the same skillet, add the peppers, onions, celery, garlic, chili powder and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook on moderately high, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In the same skillet, stir in the shrimp, tomato sauce and the reserved sausage and ham. Add the seasoning packet from the box of rice and 2 cups of water to the skillet; stir to combine. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat and then reduce to moderately-low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Gently stir the jambalaya, then serve warm.
You can find Goya Foods Products at most major grocery stores, but if your local grocer doesn’t carry these products, you can request them! This recipe and photo are courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!