Goya Foods’ Mamposteao
Mamposteao is a staple Puerto Rican dish that you can make at home with only a few ingredients. Executive Chef Fernando Desa shows us how rice and beans can be kicked up to perfection with spicy chorizo, sweet plantains, and Goya’s canned sofrito for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 Tablespoon GOYA Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) GOYA Chorizo diced
- 1 Tablespoon GOYA Sofrito
- 1 can (15 ounces) GOYA Pink Beans in Sauce
- ¼ cup GOYA thawed Frozen Sweet Plantains diced
- 2 cups cooked GOYA Medium Grain Rice (see Notes)
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a large, high-sided skillet, heat the oil. Cook chorizo over moderate heat until crispy. Add the sofrito and the pink beans with their sauce and simmer until the beans are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the plantains and rice. Garnish with cilantro and serve right away.
If you’re using leftover rice in this recipe the way Chef Desa does in the video, you’ll want to cook it a bit to soften it up before adding to skillet. You can find Goya Foods products at most major grocery stores, but if your local grocer doesn’t carry these products, you can request them! Recipe and photo courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!