Using Goya’s ready-made empanada dough, this simple tartlet is perfect for your next get together! Fresh yet refined, this easy hors d’oeuvre can be made ahead of time and assembled right before your guests arrive. Goya Executive Chef Fernando Desa demonstrates how to do it!
Goya Foods’ Oven Roasted Tomato and Manchego Tartlets
- 8 large plum tomatoes (about 2 lbs.), quartered lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- ½ teaspoon Goya Sazonador Total
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves divided
- One 3.5 ounce package Goya Large Empanada Dough for Frying thawed
- 1½ cups shredded manchego cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves julienned
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. On the baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, Sazonador Total and 2 teaspoons of thyme. Arrange the tomatoes cut sides up in a single layer. Roast until reduced slightly and the edges are browned, about 1 hour. Let cool completely and then coarsely chop.
- Brush the thawed empanada discs with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle all the tarts with ½ cup of the manchego cheese and the remaining 2 teaspoons of thyme. Bake until the pastry is golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Top with the tomatoes and remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted. Drizzle with remaining teaspoon of olive oil and garnish with basil. Serve.