Goya Foods Pecan Dulce de Leche Pie
It’s pie season and what better way to kick it off than a twist on a classic pecan! Inspired by the Latin-American milk-based caramel sauce dulce de leche, Goya Foods Executive Chef Fernando Desa gives us the step-by-step institutions on how to make this easy dessert in under an hour!
- 1 package GOYA® Maria Cookies 7 ounces
- ½ cup butter melted,1 stick
- 1 ½ cups GOYA® Dulce de Leche – Milk Caramel Spread-Squeeze 14 oz. squeeze bottle
- 1 can GOYA® Evaporated Milk 12 ounces
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole pecans
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place cookies in bowl of food processor. Pulse 30 seconds, or until finely ground. Or, place cookies in zip-top bag and using the bottom of a heavy skillet, pound cookies until finely crushed. Transfer cookie crumbs to bowl - there should be about 2 cups. Add butter, stirring until combined. Transfer cookie mixture to 9" pie dish. Using fingers, press cookie mixture evenly onto bottom and sides of dish. Bake until firm and fragrant, 7-10 minutes; cool.
- Raise oven’s heat to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together dulce de leche, evaporated milk, eggs, pecans and salt until combined.
- Pour dulce de leche mixture into premade crust. Place pie on large cookie sheet and bake for about 40 minutes (until center of pie is set).
- Let pie cool and refrigerate two hours before serving. Serve topped with fresh whipped cream, if desired.
You can find Goya Foods Products at most major grocery stores, but if your local grocer doesn’t carry these products, you can request them! This recipe is courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!