Goya Foods Smoked Chickpeas Quesadillas
Turn your basic quesadilla to the next level with this sweet-and-spicy chickpea version! Goya Foods’ Executive Chef Fernando Desa guides us through the recipe with smoky chipotle peppers, mashed chickpeas and melty cheese.
- 1 can GOYA® Chick Peas drained and rinsed, 15.5 oz.
- ¼ cup GOYA® Ketchup
- 4 chipotle peppers from 1 can GOYA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons GOYA® Turbinado Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon GOYA® Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 GOYA® Soft Taco - Flour Tortillas
- ¼ cup GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- In bowl, mash half of the chickpeas with potato masher until lightly crushed. Stir together remaining chickpeas, ketchup, chipotles, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; add to mashed chickpeas, tossing well.
- Sprinkle cheese over half of each tortilla; top with chickpea mixture. Fold tortilla over to enclose filling.
- Brush 1 Tablespoon oil over bottom of large skillet set over medium heat; cook quesadillas, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese melts, brushing skillet with oil as needed. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges.
- Stir together sour cream, green onions and Adobo seasoning. Serve with quesadillas for dipping.
This recipe is courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!