Goya Foods Stuffed Peppers with Rice, Red Beans and Cheese
Chock full of vegetables, spices, beans and a rich broth, GOYA® Small Red Beans in Sauce make easy work out of creating quick, delicious dinners. Here, the red beans in sauce are mixed with rice, cooked sausage and cheese before being stuffed into peppers and baked until gooey and steamy. And just like that, dinner is served!
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage casing removed
- 2 cups CANILLA® Extra-Long Grain Rice
- 2 Tablespoons GOYA EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans GOYA® Small Red Beans in Sauce 15 oz. each
- 2 cups shredded cheddar-jack cheese divided
- 8 medium bell peppers red, green, orange and/or yellow, halved and seeded
- Heat oven to 350°F. Add sausage to medium pot over medium-high heat. Cook, breaking up sausage into small crumbles with wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes; transfer sausage to plate. Add 4 cups water to same pot; bring to boil, scraping up any stuck bits from bottom of pot. Stir in rice, 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt; return water to boil. Cover pot; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Stir in small red beans in sauce, 1 cup cheese and reserved sausage.
- Meanwhile, transfer pepper halves to foil-lined baking dish. Brush peppers, inside and out, with remaining olive oil. Bake until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon rice and bean mixture into cooked peppers, mounding rice at the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese melts, about 10 minutes. Serve.
You can find Goya Foods Products at most major grocery stores, but if your local grocer doesn’t carry these products, you can request them! This recipe is courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!