Goya Foods Sweet Plantain Sundae with Coconut Caramel
For an exotic taste of the tropics, get ready for the ultimate banana split — with a twist! Goya Executive Chef Fernando Desa shares this fun recipe with creamy grilled plantains, toasty cinnamon and coconut-spiked caramel sauce. Get the recipe right HERE.
- ¾ cup GOYA® Dulce de Leche
- ½ cup GOYA® Coconut Milk
- 1 box frozen GOYA® Plantains thawed, 11 oz.
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla Ice Cream for serving
- Toasted chopped walnuts optional
- To small saucepot over medium-high heat, add dulce de leche and coconut milk. Bring mixture to boil, stirring to incorporate coconut milk; keep warm.
- Heat greased grill, grill pan or medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle plantains with cinnamon. Cook, flipping once, until golden brown and heated through, 3-5 minutes. Slice plantains into ¼”- thick rounds.
- Mix plantains into dulce de leche mixture until coated in sauce. Serve over ice cream. Sprinkle with walnuts, if desired.
You can find Goya Foods Products at most major grocery stores, but if your local grocer doesn’t carry these products, you can request them! This recipe is courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!