Goya Foods’ Whipped Feta with Roasted Olives
Perfect for your next get-together, this quick and delicious side dish or appetizer is super-simple and hands-off. Herby and spicy, the roasted olives are served over zippy and creamy whipped feta cheese, paired with a crusty baguette. Executive Chef Fernando Desa shows us all the steps.
- One 9.5-ounce jar GOYA Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos
- ¼ cup GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme stemmed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon GOYA Chili Flakes
- 12 ounces feta cheese patted dry and crumbled
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon GOYA Lemon Juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon GOYA Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
- Homemade or store-bought crostini for serving
Make the Roasted Olives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In an 8-inch square baking dish, toss the olives with oil, garlic, thyme leaves, lemon zest, and chili flakes. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until heated through and lightly golden. Let cool slightly.
Make the Whipped Feta
- In a food processor, combine the feta with the sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, and adobo seasoning. Pulse until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Transfer to a small serving bowl and spoon the roasted olives over the top.
- Garnish with parsley, if using, and serve with crostini or crusty bread, for dipping.
You can find Goya Foods products at most major grocery stores, but if your local grocer doesn’t carry these products, you can request them! Recipe and photo courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!