Goya Foods' Green Garden Hummus
This tangy twist on traditional hummus from the Goya kitchens gets a fresh garden boost from frozen peas! This dish comes together quickly and will be the talk of your next get-together. It can be served with plantain chips or fresh veggies, like julienned bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, and radishes. The hummus can also be used as a spread on sandwiches or as a dressing for pasta salads.
- One 15.5-ounce can GOYA® organic chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup GOYA® frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons GOYA® lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons GOYA® minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- ½ cup GOYA® extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup snipped fresh chives plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil leaves plus more for garnish
- One 5-ounce bag GOYA® plantain chips for serving
- Sliced vegetables, such as cucumber, carrots, bell peppers, halved radishes, and snap peas, for serving
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas with the spinach and peas until very finely chopped. Add the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and Adobo and pulse to combine. With the machine running, stream in the ½ cup of oil and puree until very smooth. Add the parsley, chives, and basil and pulse until finely chopped but not completely incorporated.
- Scrape the hummus into a shallow serving bowl. Using the back of a spoon, create large swirls on the surface. Drizzle with more olive oil. Garnish with more herbs and serve with plantain chips and sliced vegetables.
MAKE AHEAD: The hummus can be covered tightly and refrigerated for up to 5 days. Recipe and photo courtesy of Goya Foods.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!